Health Savings Account
A smart way to handle health care costs
Consumers today are concerned about rising health care costs and how unexpected medical expenses can be a drain on savings. Bellco now offers a way to save for future medical expenses — while earning steady interest in a secure health savings account that offers you flexibility, tax advantages and convenient access to your funds.
What is an HSA?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged savings account that you can use to pay for a wide variety of health expenses. It’s a great way to save for both day-to-day and future medical costs.
- Tax-deductible contributions
- Tax-deferred dividend earnings with competitive interest rates
- Tax-free withdrawals (if used for qualified expenses)
- No "use it or lose it" restrictions, since the balance carries over from year-to-year
- You keep the funds, even with changes in your insurance coverage or employment
- Easy access to funds using HSA debit card and checks
- Online access to account transactions, so keeping tabs on your medical spending is easy
- Checking account with optional CDs — provides greater earnings opportunity for larger account balances
- Funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Low $16 setup fee
You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for an HSA; most importantly, you must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP).
HSA calculatorLearn More
Is a HSA right for me?
Coupled with a High Deductible Health Plan, an HSA might be a great way for you to handle your medical costs.