Health Savings Account
View HSA ratesOpen an HSA account
A smart way to handle healthcare costs
Consumers today are concerned about rising healthcare costs and how unexpected medical expenses can be a drain on savings. Bellco offers a way to save for future medical expenses—while earning steady interest in a secure health savings account that offers you flexibility, tax advantages, and convenient access to your funds.
What is an HSA?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged* savings account that you can use to pay for a wide variety of health expenses. It’s a great way to save for both day-to-day and future medical costs.
- Tax-deductible contributions*
- Tax-deferred dividend earnings with competitive interest rates*
- Tax-free withdrawals (if used for qualified expenses)*
- No "use it or lose it" restrictions, since the balance carries over from year-to-year
- You keep the funds, even with changes in your insurance coverage or employment
- Easy access to funds using HSA debit card and checks
- Online access to account transactions, so keeping tabs on your medical spending is easy
- Checking account with optional CDs — provides greater earnings opportunity for larger account balances
- Funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Low $16 setup fee
Learn MoreHSA Eligibility Calculator
You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for an HSA; most importantly, you must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP).
*Please consult a tax advisor for guidance.