Certificates of Deposit
A Bellco Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a savings tool that offers you a higher return on your money than most standard savings accounts. And unlike other savings accounts, CDs offer little to no risk and no monthly fees. They’re a great choice when you want greater earnings and don’t need the money right away.
With a CD, you invest a specific amount of money for a specific period (known as the "term"). With a traditional CD, your investment amount and interest rate remain stable across the term to provide you the highest rate of return.
Bellco strives to be a market leader, offering some of the best interest rates. And no matter what amount you want to invest or for how long, we have a variety of terms to fit your needs.
- Open with as little as $500.
- Earn more with Bellco’s competitive interest rates.
- Choose from a wide array of short- or long-term options.
Smart Move CD
Want greater control and flexibility in your savings? Deposit a minimum of $2,500 and our Smart Move CD will give you the benefits of a traditional CD with great rates and uniquely flexible options, like the ability to
bump up, add funds, and more.
- Start with a minimum of $2,500.
- Make a one-time "bump-up" to the next interest rate anytime during the term of your CD.
- Ability to add a one-time additional deposit of $100 or more to your existing account.
- Flexibility to make one withdrawal during the account term with no penalty—as long as a minimum balance of $2,500 is left in the account.
Our Jumbo CDs pay the highest rate of interest with a minimum deposit of $100,000, while still providing you flexibility.
- A minimum deposit of $100,000.
- Typically earns higher interest than traditional CDs with equivalent terms.
Bellco’s Youth CD can help make long-term savings goals happen. A minimum opening deposit of $50, with a 12-month term at a great interest rate.
- Start with as little as $50 to open.
- Ability to add funds during the term of your CD.
- Available for members 24 years old and younger.
Invest a portion of your HSA balance into a fixed rate CD for greater earnings opportunity on larger account balances.**
An IRA CD is a CD held within an Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Whether you’re an employee, self-employed worker, or business owner, you may be able to open an IRA to increase your savings for retirement. You can learn more about saving for your future with our MoneySmarts IRA financial education module.
Whether you have a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA, Bellco IRA CDs have a number of benefits:
- Tax-advantages. With a traditional IRA, you defer tax payments on your earnings until the future, when you take withdrawals. (With a Roth IRA, since you’ve already paid taxes on the funds being deposited, you can enjoy future withdrawals tax-free after a certain age.)**
- Safe & secure. IRA CDs are considered very safe instruments in which to invest money for retirement.
- Great rates. You’ll earn better yields than in a traditional savings account.
Other Banking Products
We also offer deposit accounts that provide easy and quick access to your funds or are tailored to specific goals such as retirement or future health expenses.
A Bellco Money Market or Boost Checking account may be a great fit for you.
Bellco Credit Union has called Colorado home since 1936. As a not-for-profit credit union, we return “profits” back to our members in the form of higher interest on deposits, lower loan rates, and fewer fees – along with our convenient services and commitment to community support.
Bellco has over $5 billion in assets and over 340,000 members.+
We are the largest credit union in Denver and second largest in Colorado.+
We remain committed to helping you, our member, build your wealth and secure your financial future.
Get Confident About Your Personal Finances
Bellco provides FREE financial education programs, to help with banking basics, or increase your financial know-how. Use our free interactive learning tutorials to help you reach your financial goals.
Quick and easy
5-10 minute tutorials.
Learn on-the-go; on your schedule.
You don't have to be a member.
All funds on deposit with Bellco Credit Union are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) up to certain limits. Click here to find out more.
*The interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) are subject to change without notice at any time prior to the issuance of the certificate. After the point of issuance, interest rates and APY are fixed for all CD products, except rates and APY on Smart Move CDs may change after issuance if the bump-up option is used. Early withdrawal penalties apply. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
**Check with your tax attorney or accountant for specific IRA and HSA rules, deductibility of contributions, and taxability of withdrawals.
+As of December 2019