Incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of the credit union’s Treasury function including the management of the credit union’s investment portfolio and balance sheet in accordance with company policies and business plan goals. Provides leadership in developing strategies and tactics to actively manage the credit union’s balance sheet for profitability, safety, soundness, and increased member value.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: 3 treasury analysts
Contacts: Senior management and executives, branches/departments and internal staff, auditors and examiners, and vendors
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or related field, advanced degree preferred
CPA, CMA, or CFA desirable
Experience: Seven to 10 years of experience in finance and treasury, 4 years in corporate treasury.
Skills: Knowledge of capital and currency markets, accounting, finance and tax.
Perform responsible and complex treasury management activities.
Perform cash flow analysis.
Analyze economic data and financial market conditions and recommend and administer investment strategy.
Analyze problems/issues and recommend alternative solutions.
Prepare, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial statements and investment reports.
Perform complex accounting and financial reporting.
Completes analysis of loan originations and portfolio.
Develops analyses and recommendations for loan & deposit pricing.
Equipment: Computer keyboard and visual monitor, (CRT), calculator, copier
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with key contacts and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Lead the Asset Liability Management process.
- Provide interest rate forecasts for developing earnings projections and financial plans.
- Develop and run pricing analyses to set interest rates on the Credit Union’s deposit and loan products along with the senior management team.
- Manage the investment portfolio and daily cash position. Provide leadership in establishing appropriate targets for duration, yield, structure, mix and risk.
- Along with senior leadership evaluate the short and long-term funding needs of the credit union. Monitor the financial condition of the agencies whose bonds or CD’s are held in the investment portfolio.
- Analyze the liability/borrowing structure of the credit union including the review and forecast of the sources and uses of funds.
- Develop and maintain policies governing the management of interest rate risk, liquidity risk and the investment portfolio.
- Represent the treasury function in meetings with regulators and external auditors.
- Stays up-to-date with market trends and maintains relationships with key members of the investment community.
- Apply sound knowledge of risk management principles to research, analyze, and in collaboration with functional partners, recommend sustainable improvements to processes, products and systems while ensuring cohesion with organizational strategy.
- Assists in updating financial plans and ensures plans are consistent with ALM based projections of net interest income/margin.
- Provide ongoing analysis of loan originations and portfolio trends to support pricing and underwriting processes.
- Manage the secondary market function for the credit union.
- Provide representation on the Risk Management Committee (RMCO) and maintain the departmental risk matrix.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Travel is required
Mobility throughout the corporate offices and to the branches.
Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance.