Green at Bellco
Bellco has instituted a number of practices to lessen our impact on the environment and help our customers do the same. Here are some highlights of our recent efforts:
- Bellco owns two company-branded Toyota® Prius® hybrid cars and encourages employees to use them when driving for business.
- All Bellco ATMs accept envelope-free deposits.
- Over 80,000 Bellco customers save paper and reduce transportation-related pollution by receiving their statements electronically.
- Bellco’s Greenwood Village corporate offices incorporated environmentally conscious upgrades such as motion-sensor light switches to reduce overall electricity use.
- Bellco maintains a comprehensive recycling program, uses recycled paper in marketing brochures, and has eliminated plastic-bag liners from 90 percent of the corporate office trash cans.
- The success of vendors’ recycling programs is a key selection criterion for choosing Bellco's supply partners, like document-shredding vendors and toner-cartridge suppliers.
- Bellco's use of DocuSign® technology to collect signatures on certain loans and updates to existing accounts reduces the need to print and mail documents.
- Bellco distributed free CFL bulbs to all employees and encourages all employees to practice green activities at home.