Online Username Tips
The Importance of Creating a Strong Online Username
Bellco is committed to keeping your financial information safe and secure Therefore, it is recommended that you add complexity to your Online Banking login. Your Username is the key to your online identity, so it's just as important to create a strong Username as it is a strong Password. To ensure you are following good security practices, please take a moment to review the tips below.
Tips on Creating a Strong Username
- Use uppercase and lowercase letters, numerals, and special characters in non-obvious arrangements
- Create a Username that is easy for you to remember, but difficult for someone else to guess.
- Using different Usernames for individual accounts makes it harder accessing information for hackers
- Never use a Social Security number as a Username. Social security numbers may be hard to guess and easy to remember, but they could give malicious hackers a coveted piece of personal information that can be exploited
- Never disclose your Username to others or store your Username on paper or in an unencrypted computer file
- Never provide your Online Banking credentials when requested through email. Bellco will never ask you to supply your personal information