Identity Fraud Protection
Identity fraud happens when someone steals personal information such as your account number or Social Security number and then uses this information for an illegal activity. They may attempt unauthorized purchases or withdrawals from your accounts or may try to apply for credit in your name.
If you are a Bellco member and think your identity has been compromised, contact Bellco immediately by calling 303-689-7800 or 1-800-BELLCO1.
Protect Yourself with Identity Fraud, Inc.
Bellco Credit Union has partnered with Identity Fraud, Inc. to help you fight identity theft, America's top complaint to the Federal Trade Commission since 1999.
Bellco customers receive Identity Fraud, Inc. solutions at a discount. Click here for more information and to learn about program benefits, including $1 million identity insurance, triple bureau credit monitoring, IF Cyber monitoring, public records monitoring, family protection and more.
If you are a victim of fraud and currently have an Identity Protection Plan from Identity Fraud, Inc., call 1-866-4ID-FRAUD (1-866-443-3728).
Precautions to Protect Your Personal Information
- Be cautious when providing personal information such as your Social Security number and account or credit card information over the telephone, in person or on the Internet. Don't give out this information unless you have initiated the contact or you have done your due diligence to be certain your information in safe.
- Report lost or stolen checks, credit or debit cards immediately. Bellco will block payment on the check numbers or account numbers involved.
- Notify Bellco of suspicious phone inquiries such as those asking for account information to "verify a statement" or "award a prize."
- Review your credit report at least once every year. Make sure all information is up to date and accurate.
- Tear up or shred any pre-approved credit offers to which you are not going to respond. Thieves can use these offers to assume your identity.
- If you do not receive your regular bills when expected, call the company to find out why.
- Review your monthly account statements thoroughly. Investigate suspicious items immediately to head off any possible fraud before it occurs.