- Bellco has $3.7 billion in assets and over 302,000 members.*
- Bellco is the largest credit union in Denver and the second largest in Colorado.*
- Bellco operates 23 branches across Colorado.*
- Bellco headquarters are located in Greenwood Village, CO.
- Today, there are a number of easy ways you can become a member. If you live or work in most Colorado counties, have anyone in your family that’s currently a member, or work for a company that is a Bellco Select Employee Group, you’re eligible.
- "Like" BellcoCreditUnion on Facebook, follow @Bellco_CU on Twitter or subscribe to Bellco's YouTube channel.
- We remodeled several branches with new Teller Pod technology and Express Teller Machines, including our Cherry Creek, Downtown and DTC branches. We also relocated our Northglenn Branch to a brand new facility at 98th & Washington for greater member convenience.
- We were one of the first Colorado-based financial institutions to integrate EMV chip card technology, increasing card security for our membership. Additionally, we were one of the earliest adopters of Apple Pay in the state of Colorado.
- Launched our new Boost Interest Checking account.
- Bellco pioneered teller Pod technology in branches for one-on-one member experiences.
- We expanded our largest branch, located in Arvada, increasing floorspace and welcoming advanced banking technologies.
- Bellco received a financial strength rating of "Excellent" by Weiss ratings, a leading independent provider of ratings and analyses. Additionally, Bellco earned a ‟5-Star” rating from Bauer Financial, one of the nation’s leading rating services for financial institutions.
- We opened our new Stapleton branch with the latest self-service banking technologies.
- Bellco introduced Verifast, a new member verification technology at branch teller windows for shorter transaction times and increased security for our members.
- As part of Bellco's Go Green efforts, members were introduced to electronic receipts via secure email for any of their transactions performed at a Bellco Branch.
- We extended the hours for most of our branches. Many are now open Monday through Friday from 9am–6pm and Saturday from 9am–2pm.
- Bellco opened its new Thornton branch.
- Bellco opened four new branches and relocated another, expanding membership to Englewood, Lone Tree, Sloan's Lake, Cherry Creek North, and Downtown Denver.
- We redesigned Bellco.org.
- Bellco advanced mobile banking technology by offering My Deposit Mobile, which gives members the ability to deposit checks via their iPhone or Android phone.
- Bellco invested in the arts and entertainment of our region by sponsoring the Bellco Theatre.
Other Company Highlights
- Bellco expanded membership to the Colorado Western Slope by opening a branch in Grand Junction.
- Governor Bill Owens declared April 27, 2006 to be "Bellco Day" in the State of Colorado.
- Bellco provided needed financial and volunteer assistance to a small credit union in Mississippi that was damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Bellco launched its first website in 1998.
- Bellco Credit Union was established by employees of Mountain States Telephone and Telegraph Company. Bellco's bylaws were completed on April 27, 1936.
Bellco's Mission Statement: Bellco is a progressive, member-owned organization that provides competitive financial services to meet evolving member needs. We will sustain planned growth to fund the future while maintaining member confidence through financial stability. We will preserve a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees and contribute to the social and economic well-being of our community.
*As of March 2017.