Member Services Representative
Handles incoming calls to the credit union regarding accounts and products and service information. In addition this position is responsible for accurately dealing with complex member service issues such as loan maintenance, payroll and research. Through cross sell, up sell and member education increases the number of services used by each member, including alternative delivery systems. Must demonstrate a strong commitment toward giving quality member service and achieving corporate goals.
Reports to: Member Service Manager
Contacts: Heavy phone contact with Bellco members. Frequent contact with merchants, other financial institutions, auto dealerships, potential Bellco members and other Bellco employees.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: One year sales, customer service, and/or call center experience required. Some financial services experience (work or personal) is helpful.
Skills: Data entry on keyboard i.e., computer, calculator, telephone, PC, typewriters.
Visual ability to interpret data from CRT screen or written documents.
Understanding and carrying out written and verbal directions.
Communicating clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
Physical ability to maintain continuous hours of sitting at work unit answering a high volume of incoming calls.
Ability to tactfully question or actively listen to members/employees to determine specific needs and effectively sell products and set up or coordinate services once needs are established.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
Equipment: CRT, credit bureau reports, computer keyboard and printer, ten key calculator, photocopier, typewriter, automobile price guidebooks, FAX machine, personal computer, ACD telephone unit.
- Demonstrate Bellco WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Continual answering of incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to educate and explain to members all areas of services, products and procedures, including but not limited to, loan maintenance functions, payroll issues and research inquiries.
- Continually focuses on deepening member relationships through cross-selling products and services.
- Interviews members and manually inputs data into computer system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Makes independent judgments and posts transactions while protecting credit union assets, minimizing losses and maintaining financial soundness.
- Ability to make sound decisions regarding members accounts to benefit both Bellco and the member.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills with other departments, peers and management.
- Gets involved in solving unique/complex problems.
- Understands the basis for procedures and deals appropriately with departures from the standards.
- Understands legal regulatory restrictions.
- Meets individual goals as applied to job function.
Assist in department operations as needed, i.e. balancing, special project reporting, training other staff as needed.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
Mobility throughout department as necessary.
May necessitate movement to other departments or branches.