Responsible for leading all aspects of customer relationships delivered through the branch. This encompasses retail, small business relationships, and community business development. Responsible for branch profitability and branch operations.
Reports to: Regional Branch Manager
Supervises: Indirectly, all Branch positions; Directly Financial Specialists and Branch Supervisor.
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union branches/departments, credit
union officials, auditors, vendors, local community members and businesses
and all internal staff.
Branch size: Typically this position manages branches in the middle tier of transaction volume, deposits, loans, member households, earnings and marketplace potential.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum 4 years financial services experience
Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
Skills: Strong interpersonal, sales, and relationship management skills
Strong written, verbal and communication skills
Ability to provide leadership and handle multiple priorities under time
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, (CRT), calculator, typewriter, copier, FAX, telephone, printer, ATM, checksigner, checkfilmer, alarms.
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Responsible for overall branch financial results, operations effectiveness, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for the data-gathering, research, development and accomplishment of an annual branch marketing, business development, sales and service plan.
- Successfully develops and follows an annual operating plan and budget leading to expense control, select purchasing and efficient property management.
- Manages the branch to achieve sales and growth goals, conducts weekly sales sessions, performs periodic sales audits, coaches and develops sales staff.
- Ensures goals are met for other business groups/partners that work with the branch (investments, etc.)
- Maintain key customer relationships, responsible for the branch meeting service standards in all interactions.
- Evaluates, develops, motivates and trains branch personnel, coaches staff in sales and service activities. Ensures branch staff has strong product and process knowledge. Manages human resource issues: recruiting, hiring, training and performance issues, etc.
- Manages losses and other risk issues and ensures financial losses are within acceptable guidelines.
- Personally manages the largest, most profitable relationships at the branch, as identified by profitability analysis.
- Ensures branch effectiveness and adherence to all branch operations, procedures, and compliance.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of lending process, Security and Fraud procedures, and functions of all automated equipment. Serves as a branch-wide source of knowledge on credit union operating procedures in order to provide necessary support to branch staff.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of branch activities, workflow and operations with a specific strategy devised towards meeting corporate goals.
- Recommends and helps develop and implement new policies and procedures.
- Assists in defining and developing strategy needed to set or meet organizational goals.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
May necessitate movement to other branches or departments.
Mobility throughout department.
Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance