This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining complex accounting records, system recommendations and procedures, to ensure adequate accounting and control. Assist in establishing account procedures. Provides accurate and timely financial statements and reports to management. Applies GAAP and regulatory accounting procedures and requirements to the financial data and systems.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Contacts: Internal staff, managers, executive staff, auditors, examiners, other financial institutions, vendors, suppliers, service providers and limited member contact.
Education: B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
Experience: 3-5 of finance or accounting experience preferred. One year of accounting experience with a financial institution preferred.
Skills: Must be able to analyze data and understand complex accounting methods, procedures and terms.
Manual dexterity to input data on keyboard; i.e. computer, calculator (10 key by touch), telephone, PC and typewriter.
Visual ability to interpret data from terminal screen or written documents.
Knowledge of PC programs (windows and accounting software).
Understanding and carrying out written and verbal directions.
Communicating clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
Ability to actively listen and assimilate the needs of other employees, department and vendors in person, by phone or through written communication.
Equipment: PC, calculator, terminal, fax, telephone, copier, printer, typewriter, microfiche/film viewer/printer.
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Performs a variety of more complex, detail orientated accounting duties under limited supervision.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including preparing adjusting and closing entries, researching and correcting unusual variances, inputting actual data, and assuring the validity of the completed statements.
- Gathers information and completes various reports for internal purposes, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Posts and reconciles subsidiary ledgers and assist other department members in the completion of their own account reconciliation.
- May act as a team leader on special projects, and assist in the training of other department members.
- May assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Files account reconciliation, various records, reports, checks, etc.
- Gathers information from and distributes information to other departments.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any.
Mobility to move throughout department and corporate offices.
May necessitate travel to off-site offices or training.