Bellco works to ensure your financial information remains safe and secure, but Internet security requires more than technology alone. Ultimately, when dealing with viruses, spyware, and computer hackers, each of us is responsible for protecting our own computer system.
To help protect your identity, use the simple tips outlined below when you are online.
How we work to protect you
Bellco will never initiate a request for sensitive information via email (i.e. Social Security number, Username, Automated Phone Banking PIN, password, or account numbers). If you receive an email that requests this type of sensitive information, you should be suspicious of it.
To help ensure your financial information remains safe and secure, Bellco's Online Banking uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your personal information such as your SSN, Username, Automated Phone Banking PIN, password, and account information over the Internet. Any information provided to you is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches your browser. However, it is important to keep your browsers up-to-date.
Compatible Bellco Browsers
In order to provide a better and more secure online banking experience, we support the following browsers:
- Edge - 2 most recent versions
- Internet Explorer - Version 11
- Mozilla Firefox - 2 most recent versions
- Safari - 2 most recent versions
- Google Chrome - 2 most recent versions
BROWSERS WITH LIMITED SUPPORT
- Internet Explorer - Version 10 and older
Online banking is designed to work with touch-based operating systems commonly found on tablet devices. We support the following tablet-based operating systems:
- Chrome for Android - 2 most recent versions
- Mobile Safari for iOS devices - 2 most recent versions
How to keep your computer safe
- Make sure your computer has the most current anti-virus software Anti-virus software needs frequent updates to guard against new viruses. We recommend you use a program to automatically upgrade your virus protection on a regular basis. If an automatic update feature is unavailable, make sure you update your virus detection program weekly, especially when you hear of a new virus.
- Run anti-spyware software to remove any spyware from your computer If your anti-virus product doesn't include spyware protection, it's important to install a reputable spyware detection product. Pop-up ads that appear when you're not using a browser often indicate adware/spyware is running on your machine.
- Don't use your SSN for your Username Experts suggest that you create a unique account Username that is not too short or easily guessed. For added safety, we recommend that you don't use your Social Security Number (SSN) as your Username.
- If you are currently using your SSN as your Username we suggest that you change it now. Your Username must be 10-20 characters long and must include a letter and a number.
- Use a strong password and change it periodically Choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and use a different password for each of your online accounts. If you believe any of your passwords have been compromised, change them immediately. If you have questions or need help call 303-689-7800 or 1-BELLCO1.