Now that spring is in the air, it’s time to unpack your favorite St. Patty's Day outfit and join Bellco at the 55th Annual Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade. We're proud to be the presenting sponsor for the past 12 years, and this year, we’re bringing back our weeklong celebration in all Bellco branches leading up to St. Patrick’s Day on March 17.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADESaturday, March 11
Join us on Saturday, March 11, in LoDo for the Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The parade will features floats, dancers, and Irish music as it travels through the streets of LoDo. Bellco will lead the parade and be joined by talented musicians from Youth On Record, our charity of the month for March. The parade will get underway at 9:30 a.m., starting at 19th and Wynkoop and ending at 27th and Blake.
SIX DAYS OF SAVINGSMarch 13–18
Bellco is bringing back our Six Days of Savings celebration from Monday, March 13, to Saturday, March 18. The celebration will take place in all Bellco branches, with incredible money-saving offers on CDs, auto loans, and our home equity ChoiceLine. These offers will be available for only six days, so be sure to visit a Bellco branch during that week.
To learn more about the parade, visit DenverStPatricksDayParade.com. For details about Six Days of Savings, visit BellcoSixDays.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Winter’s not over yet! In fact, in Colorado, March is usually our snowiest month. So, even though it seems like spring and summer are just within reach, don’t forget these winter driving tips.
1. Know your car. If your car has front-, rear-, all-, or four-wheel drive, understand how it works and what it will mean for traction. Know whether you have anti-lock brakes, traction control, or stability control, and understand their benefits.
2. Be sure your tires are up to snuff. Don’t put off buying new tires if you need them. Check your tread by inserting a penny, Lincoln’s head side down, into the grooves. If the President’s head completely shows, you need new tires. If you’re still unsure, check with a local tire dealer; most will check the tread for you for free. Also be sure that your tires are properly inflated.
3. Keep useful supplies in your vehicle. Always have a good ice scraper and brush; a snow shovel and a bag of sand can come in handy as well. You might also keep an old pair of boots or other winter clothes in there—you never know when you might get stuck.
4. After a snow, clean off your car entirely. That includes not just your windows but also the roof, the headlights and taillights, the side mirrors, and the bumpers. Any snow or ice that flies from your car suddenly can impair your vision or that of a vehicle behind you.
5. When you’re on the road during or after a storm, do everything slowly. Even if you have great control of your vehicle, not everyone else will, and you’ll need time to make any adjustments necessary. Be sure to double the usual recommended following range from three to four seconds to six to eight seconds.
6. Don’t stop if you can avoid it, particularly on hills. It’s hard to get moving on snow-packed and icy roads; it’s especially hard on an incline.
7. If you don’t have to go out, don’t go out. The more vehicles on the road, the tougher it is for plows to get through and the more likely accidents will happen. If you’re able, make yourself a nice cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the storm from the warmth of your home.
When winter weather keeps your kids indoors, it’s good to know there are educational options available to them rather than mindless television shows or video games. One of those options is Bellco’s Coindexter Club, which picks up where other educational computer games lag behind. This award-winning program lets children (ages 5–12) explore Econopolis, an online virtual town that immerses them in real-life financial situations in a fun and safe environment.
Professor Coindexter is missing and his time machine has been sabotaged. The fate of Econopolis hangs in the balance and it’s up to your child to set things right. Click below to view the Coindexter trailer!
When you sign up for Coindexter Club, your children will go on a thrilling quest to save Econopolis while learning how to earn, save, spend, manage, and invest their virtual money.
Perhaps the best news is that Coindexter Club can even help your child earn an actual cash deposit. When your child saves $500 in their virtual Econopolis savings account, they’ll be awarded a trophy with a printable certificate that can be redeemed for a $25 deposit into a Bellco Youth Savings account*. Just bring the printed certificate into any Bellco branch to help grow or get a kick-start on their savings.
Enrolling your child into Coindexter Club is simple and free. Just visit Bellco.org/CoindexterClub to get started.
*You must qualify for membership. Speak with a Bellco representative for more details.
In March, Bellco will collect donations for Youth On Record, a local non-profit program that empowers teens in some of Denver’s most vulnerable neighborhoods to make life choices that positively impact their future. The program teaches teens to develop the coping tools, inspiration, and wherewithal to succeed in today’s world and to become leaders of tomorrow.
Please consider donating to this charitable cause through Bellco’s Charity of the Month page. To learn more about Youth On Record, just visit their website.