This December, Bellco is celebrating the season by giving back to our members and the communities we serve. Whether it's giving back to the community with random acts of kindness, providing free offers to our members, or donating to charitable organizations, here are a just some of the ways we’ll be spreading cheer throughout the season (and beyond):
Free Denver Art Museum Weekends
Thanks to our sponsorship of the Denver Art Museum’s Free for Kids program, Bellco members can now receive FREE GENERAL ADMISSION to the Denver Art Museum
on the second full weekend of each month when they present their Bellco debit or credit card (now through 2020). This free general admission is limited to the Bellco cardholder and excludes special exhibitions, ticketed shows, and fundraising events. This month's free weekend is December 8 and 9.
Donation to the Nurses at Children’s Hospital Colorado
Bellco is donating $25,000 to Children’s Hospital of Colorado Foundation
to support the special emergency department nurses at Children’s Hospital Colorado. The donation will go towards employee-wellness education, support, and training to help decrease the impact of secondary trauma, compassion fatigue, and burnout by providing opportunities for the nurses to develop and nurture resiliency and self-care. The foundation is also our charity of the month
The Return of Thornton WinterFest
Bellco is the presenting sponsor of this year’s Thornton WinterFest
, which runs from December 7 through December 9. If you’ve never attended, you’ve been missing out on a unique and fun experience for the whole family. WinterFest highlights include the turning on of the holiday lights, a miniature Santa’s Village, ice skating on the Village Pond, a community tree-decorating contest, a holiday marketplace, a fireworks show, and more.
Thornton WinterFest Hours
Friday, December 7, 6:30 p.m.–9 p.m.
Saturday, December 8, 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sunday, December 9, 5 p.m.–9 p.m.
For a more holiday happenings this season, visit BellcoGivesBack.org.
Perhaps you’re in a new relationship or you just got married. Or maybe you’ve got young kids or you’re new to being empty-nesters. No matter your situation, if you’re looking to start a new tradition this holiday season, we’ve got a few ideas you might consider.
1. With various travel and family plans going on throughout the holidays, getting together to celebrate with friends could be tough. Instead of focusing on a holiday date, why not try a winter solstice dinner party? Invite your neighbors, coworkers, or gym buddies, light a bunch of cozy candles to fend off the darkest day of the year, and make a dish you can enjoy each year from here on out.
2. Revel in the outdoors no matter the weather. Even though winter can bring some cold and snow, it’s still nice to celebrate Colorado by walking outside. Choose a date and commit to getting out there, even if the weather isn’t your dream. Select a route or decide that the route can differ each year, bundle up, and make the most of Colorado’s views.
3. Instead of giving gifts to the adults in your family, agree to donate to a unique charity. Part of the fun can be researching the choices and finding a new one—or sticking with the same one—each year.
4. If you and your children have fun with the “You’ve been booed” Halloween tradition, you might extend it to the wintertime. Put together cute holiday gift bags—perhaps with chocolates or other candies, scented candles, local gift cards, or bath bombs—and hang them from your neighbors’ doorknobs with a note that says “You’ve been elfed.” Ring their doorbells, and run giggling as you picture your neighbors staring into the empty night.
5. Choose cozy. Select a night (or several) throughout the holidays when you agree to shut off all electronics and simply enjoy each other’s company. Play board games, read out loud, work a puzzle—and be sure to include comfy blankets, slippers, and plenty of hot chocolate.
No matter your stage in life, it’s never too late to start a new tradition that will make for great memories in the years to come. Enjoy finding what’s right for you!
Planning for retirement can be a challenging adventure. Managing your personal risk tolerance and making sure your investments are spread out with the appropriate asset allocation mix to work toward your goals, will have a lasting impact on the type of retirement you enjoy. Because these decisions are so critical, you may want to consider working with a professional who can assist you in determining the portfolio mix that best suits your needs and goals.
The CFS* Financial Advisors serving Bellco, available through CUSO Financial Services L.P., are committed to helping you take control of your retirement. They are trained to identify key areas of consideration to help you formulate a plan that is designed specifically for you.
Barring any unforeseen health complications, it will not be uncommon to live 20–30 years past your retirement date. Because inflation will most likely decrease the purchasing power of your money, your dollars may buy less during your retirement than they do today. The first step in developing a savings strategy that best meets your retirement needs is determining your objectives. For instance, how do you envision your “golden years?”
If you would like to learn more about retirement planning, or would like to review your current plan, we invite you to schedule a time to speak with one of the CFS* Financial Advisors. Call 303-728-3443, email email@example.com, or stop by any Bellco branch to schedule an appointment.
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Bellco Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), does not provide tax or legal advice. For such guidance, please consult your tax and/or legal advisor.
During December, Bellco will collect donations for Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation, a local nonprofit organization dedicated solely to advancing the mission of Children’s Hospital Colorado. As the only nonprofit children’s hospital in the region, Children’s Hospital Colorado relies on philanthropy to provide world-class care to every child who needs it.
In addition, all Bellco branches will help raise money and awareness through Holiday Icons! Just stop by any Bellco branch, donate $1, and write your name on the Holiday Icon. Everyone who donates will have their Icon proudly displayed to show support for the children and families in our community!
For ways you can donate to this worthwhile cause, visit Bellco's Charity of the Month page. To learn more about Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation, visit them online at ChildrensColoradoFoundation.org.