Systems Administrator Business Services
The Business Services Systems Administrator is responsible for lending applications administration, design and system support for lending product and implementation teams, and for the support and communication regarding loan products, enhanced processes or other applicable information to all impacted departments. Additionally, this person will have knowledge of all Credit Union lending policies, underwriting guidelines and procedures, and state/federal/NCUA regulations, in order to coordinate the development, communications and enhancements of loan products and processes and in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
Reports to: System Operations Manager
Contacts: Various credit union departments within Bellco, credit union members, Business services vendors ( i.e. Harland for Cavion, Credit Quest and Laser Pro ), Business Services staff members.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business/Computer Science/IT or equivalent work experience handling IT/computer responsibilities.
Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years experience in Credit Union Systems Operations or financial institution capacity or equivalent work experience preferred Product building and extensive testing environment experience preferred.
Skills: Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software
Excellent product development skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner
Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to analyze a product or process and make recommendations for improvement
Ability to work independently, and as both a team leader or member, while utilizing discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Equipment: Computer keyboard and visual monitor, (CRT) ten key calculator, financial calculator, photocopier, FAX machine, telephone
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members, key contacts and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Provide project development design knowledge and project management skills
- Coordinate activities between the Information Technology group, the Sys Ops group and Business Services group to achieve optimal systems productivity and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Translate business needs into possible system solutions, with an understanding of Business Services department goals
- Plan, document and implement updates and additions to all Business Services systems ( Cavion, Credit Quest, Velocity, DNA, etc. ) as necessary
- Define functional roles within the Business Services system based on duties, risks, technical limitations, user efficiency and system performance
- Evaluate performance and stability of the production environment, and design and implement improvements with Director approval
- Maintain data integrity within the Business Services system
- Develop and produce Business Services system reports through the Credit Quest and Cavion loan systems.
- Understand how the Business Services system interface fits within the overall mission of the Business Services group and of the credit union.
- Develop product and architecture standards.
- Evaluate new technologies and lead the adoption of these technologies by successfully applying them to technological and/or business needs.
- Interface with vendors, department management, IT Department and the Sys Ops group to determine the feasibility of software enhancement requests to ensure that they are effective, efficient and/or beneficial to the credit union.
- Other duties as assigned.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Necessitates movement to other branches and departments
Mobility throughout the department