Sales and Service Representative
A Sales and Service Representative opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports; interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities. Initiates computer-based credit applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services. When needed, processes a variety of financial transactions in both lobby and drive-up in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union departments, credit union officials and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: 1 year sales or customer service preferred; 6 months cash handling experience; a minimum of 6 months experience with Bellco or in financial services is preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated abilities related to Sales and achievement of Sales Goals.
Proven ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products.
Previous loan experience desired.
Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone.
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial records via computer terminal.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer, ATM, check signer, check- filmer, and security alarms.
- Demonstrate Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Communicate with members in a positive manner both in person and/or by phone.
- Practice Bellco service standards in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Deepens member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
- Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
- Understand and communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services.
- Demonstrate remote access financial service devices including Bellco Online Banking, Automated Phone Banking, and automated teller machines.
- Access member accounts to accurately perform the following non-lending service transactions, for example:
- Maintain a cash drawer
- Post deposit to accounts
- Process cash advance transactions
- Order member checks
- Issue official checks
- Redeem bonds
- Process loan payments
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Assist with branch balancing, branch operations and ATM balancing
- Process money orders
- Process traveler’s checks
- Process miscellaneous negotiable items
- Open new accounts by following the approved new account opening procedure; initiate a credit application; identify financial product and service needs; follow current underwriting guidelines and use credit scoring or traditional underwriting to approve credit applications; refer members to appropriate Bellco personnel for advanced product and service needs.
- Analyze credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
- Accurately enter and complete loan applications into the Bellco LPM system.
- Adhere to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately complete loan closing documents; disburse loans as required.
- Access member accounts to accurately perform financial service transactions.
- May also be called upon to accurately perform any branch duties.
- Additions or modifications to these requirements may be made as needed to maintain service levels to members.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, job function my necessitate changes in hours or ability to move to several locations. Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance.