Business Loan Processing Specialist
This position is responsible for processing and booking/boarding of business loans at Bellco ensuring completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and quality member service while guaranteeing financial security for Bellco and its members. This includes payment processing, payoffs, collateral tracking, file maintenance (including imaging), document preparation, and other duties that are required in the day-to-day support of business lending.
Reports To: Business Services Operations Manager
Contacts: Bellco members and employees. Frequent phone contact with Vendors, other financial institutions, title companies, appraisers, and various government agencies.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1-3 years full service loan processing (including business loan processing) experience required.
Experience with the following is preferred:
Collateral analysis and tracking
Regulatory compliance for business loans
Thorough understanding of business loan documents
NCUA’s Section 723 Requirements
Proven proficiency in the following:
All Regulatory Disclosures
Basic Lending Knowledge
Home Equity Loan Processing
Consumer Loan Processing
Velocity loan system
Skills: Business loan file preparation and new loan documentation.
Working knowledge of loan servicing and business loan origination systems.
Data entry on keyboard/PC, calculator, 10-key, and telephones.
Strong report analysis skills.
Ability to work in a structured environment and within written procedures.
Professional verbal and written skills.
Ability to meet deadlines with a high attention to detail.
Ability to handle high volumes of inbound and outbound call traffic.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
Professional verbal and written skills.
Equipment: OSI core system; Business and Consumer loan origination systems;
PC, computer keyboard, telephone system; Internet (browser-based systems);
FAX ; Imaging systems, Laser Pro document preparation software.
Must have the ability to navigate through, and work efficiently with, Windows- based system environments.
- Demonstrate Bellco WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments
- Process all types of business and commercial loan requests within established guidelines, timelines, policies and procedures.
Initiates origination, compliance, exception, and verifications checklists.
Ensures receipt of required documentation from loan originators, underwriters, members, vendors, and other related sources.
Verifies regulatory and compliance requirements.
Performs VOD ( verification of deposit ) and VOE (verification of employment) as necessary
Works with automobile dealers finance departments on business vehicle loans
Ensures all documentation received meets approval parameters.
Communicates final decision and arranges closing with the member and closing branch.
Prepares and prints all necessary loan documentation while ensuring accuracy through supporting documentation.
- Create new business loan files.
- Assists Commercial Loan Underwriters/Small Business Loan Underwriters in the annual score card review of business/commercial loans.
- Interact with all third parties in the loan origination process and loan closing process.
- Book and fund all business loans.
- Process loan payments and payoffs.
- Track ongoing exceptions to the loan files and correspond with members to resolve.
- Assist branches with questions and problems. Conduct all necessary research related to these issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of all business loan policies and procedures documentation.
- Create new loan documents when necessary.
- Assist in training branches on business loans.
- Create all necessary loan reports – origination, servicing, delinquencies, etc.
Assist the Business Services Systems Administrator in the creation and testing of business loan products and parameters on the OSI system.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Necessitate some movement from department to department.
Mobility throughout department as necessary.